Let’s award our bowlers in California!
The California USBC Association office in Marin County will be closed until further notice. You can leave messages on the main line at (415) 492-8880 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions regarding our tournaments, you can contact each tournament director directly. Refunds for the Adult Championships are currently in process.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE CUSBC!
- The Pepsi Youth Championships, both local and state, scheduled to begin March 14, 2020 through May 2, 2020 is cancelled. Refunds have been processed
- The Helen Duval Veteran’s Tournament (BVL) to be held on March 28, 2020 is cancelled
- The Adult (Open & Women’s) State Championships to be held at Forest Lanes, scheduled to begin April 4, 2020 through June 28, 2020 is also cancelled. Refunds are available to all bowlers. Please contact Jennie Simpson, Tournament Director.
The California USBC Association Board of Directors met on 4/23/20 and have made the following decisions:
- The CUSBC Annual Meeting and Convention to be held in Fresno, CA for June 13-14, 2020 is cancelled
- The Youth State Championships to be held at Forest Lanes in July has been cancelled
- The Diddy Watts Youth State Singles Tournament (June 27-28 & Aug 8-9) is cancelled
- The Senior Singles Tournament to be held Aug 20-23 in San Diego is cancelled
- The CA State Singles Tournament to be held Oct 17-18 in Yuba City is cancelled
- The current plan is to re-schedule all of our 2020 events with the same centers in 2021 if possible.
We thank you for your commitment to our organization, value your membership, and look forward to seeing everyone out on the lanes very soon.
Bid on CUSBC Tournaments!
Centers that are interested in hosting the following events should contact us at email@example.com.
– 2022 CA State Singles (October) – Southern CA
– 2022 CA State Senior Singles (August) – Northern CA
– 2022 CA Helen Duval Veteran’s Tournament (March) – Northern CA
– 2023 CA State Championships (Adult: April-June; Youth: July) – Southern CA
New USBC Rules – Effective August 1, 2019
General Playing Rules: Rule 18, Bowling Ball
Only a dry towel can be used to clean a bowling ball during competition. Altering Surface Bowling balls cannot be cleaned with liquid substances or cleaning agents or have any foreign materials on the ball including but not limited to powder, rosin, marker or paint.
Bowling ball specifications – Effective August 1, 2020
• A bowling ball’s oil absorption rate must be more than 2 minutes, 15 seconds for the ball to be approved
• Elimination of balance holes; bowlers may have up to five holes for gripping purposes and all must be used on every delivery
• No-thumb bowlers would need to mark by scribe, engraver or tool near the intended center of palm with a plus (+) mark
USBC Youth membership change (7/25/19)
Effective August 1, 2020
USBC will lower the maximum age for USBC Youth membership to 18 starting with the 2020-21 season. The decision to lower the maximum age from 20 to 18, with agreement from the Bowling Proprietors’ Association of America and the IBC Youth Committee, will align bowling with other youth sports.
Top 3 BVL Donations for 2019-20
Total California donation: $82,342.67