The virtual CUSBC Annual Meeting has been re-scheduled to AUGUST 1, 2021 at 10am. Additional Delegates and guests may register to attend. Delegates must be submitted through their Local USBC Association credentials. All attendees must have 2020-21 California USBC membership and must be at least 14 years of age.
All Annual Meeting information will be posted on this page.
- Registration for Local Association Credentials is now CLOSED.
(Deadline: JUNE 30)
- Registration for Annual Meeting Attendees is now CLOSED.
(Deadline: JULY 16)
- Confirmed attendees were emailed meeting log in instructions. Contact us asap if you did not receive it. (7/28/21)
List of Confirmed Registrations (7/26/21)
CONGRATULATIONS 2021 HALL OF FAME MERITORIOUS SERVICE RECIPIENTS
CONGRATULATIONS ZACH GREIM
Recipient of the 2021 California Youth State Scholarship for $1,000
Click here to read about Zach!
“BEST BOWLERS COME FROM CALIFORNIA” AWARD YOUTH WINNERS
JOHN MEHLUM JR
Santa Clarita Lanes
Santa Clarita Lanes
The CYC picks winners each year based on their finish in our youth state events such as the Pepsi Youth Bowling Championships, State Youth Championships and the Diddy Watts Youth State Singles Challenge. The winner will receive a FREE entry into the California Adult Championships. The purpose of this award is help the youth bowlers transition smoothly into the adult ranks of bowling competition.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE CUSBC!
- The 2021 Diddy Watts Youth Scratch Singles Tournament, the 2021 Senior Singles Tournament and the 2021 CA State Singles Tournament is cancelled.
- The 2021 Youth State Championships is set for July 10-11 and July 17-18 at Forest Lanes with a modified format of team only with a virtual singles event.
- The 2022 Adult State Championships will be held at Forest Lanes starting April 30 through May. Entries coming soon.
- The 2022 Youth State Championships will be held at Forest Lanes for two weekends in July. Entries also coming soon.
We thank you for your commitment to our organization, value your membership, and look forward to seeing everyone out on the lanes very soon.
BUY YOUR 2020-21 MEMBERSHIP CARD ONLINE
If you are planning on bowling Nationals or want to vote at your local and/or state association’s annual meeting, you will need current membership. If you cannot purchase your card through your league, you can purchase your USBC membership card online. Using your old card as a guide, be sure to enter your existing USBC membership ID #, select your local USBC location and purchase your card with a credit card. Please be aware that if you are already a member and don’t enter your existing membership card number, it will issue you a new number. The local association office will then have to manually merge your memberships together so that all of your averages will show with one ID #.
DOUBLE CHECK that your 2020-21 membership was processed by looking up your information here on bowl.com.
YOUTH MEMBERSHIP: Please contact your local association to process youth membership as they will have their own procedure.
Thank you for your 2020-21 BVL donations during one of the most difficult years our sport has faced. Your dedication and support is greatly appreciated.
|Citrus Belt USBC||$ 4,676.00|
|Orange County USBC||$ 6,142.64|
|Marin County USBC||$ 236.00|
|Rosie Parker||$ 200.00|
|Thursday Women’s HDCP / Out To Lunch||$ 809.00|
|2020-21 TOTAL BVL DONATION:||$12,063.64|
Let’s award our bowlers in California!
USBC RULES UPDATES
The USBC Board of Directors approved waivers and modifications to USBC Playing Rules to allow certified leagues and tournaments more flexibility to return to bowling while adhering to guidelines related to COVID-19.
- Click HERE to read the news release on the modified USBC rules.
- Click HERE for Frequently Asked Questions about the reopening of leagues and tournaments.
Bid on Future California USBC Tournaments!
Centers that are interested in hosting the following events should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– 2023 CA State Singles (October) – Northern CA
– 2023 CA State Senior Singles (August) – Southern CA
– 2023 CA Helen Duval Veteran’s Tournament (March) – Southern CA
– 2024 CA State Championships (Adult: April-June; Youth: July) – Southern CA
Effective immediately, USBC has temporarily waived USBC Playing Rules 106a, 106b, 320a and 320b, which state two lanes must be used for competition and bowlers must alternate lanes – bowling five frames on each lane of the pair. It also waived the requirement that both lanes must be used for a bowler to be eligible for awards and average recognition. The temporary waiver allows competitions to use one lane for the entirety of a game and allows recognition of scores bowled on a single lane for USBC High Score Awards and for a bowler’s official average. Additionally, bowlers will be allowed to use isopropyl alcohol, more commonly known as rubbing alcohol, to clean their bowling ball during competition. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) lists isopropyl alcohol as an approved disinfectant for use against COVID-19.
Bowling ball specifications – Effective August 1, 2020
• A bowling ball’s oil absorption rate must be more than 2 minutes, 15 seconds for the ball to be approved
• Elimination of balance holes; bowlers may have up to five holes for gripping purposes and all must be used on every delivery
• No-thumb bowlers would need to mark by scribe, engraver or tool near the intended center of palm with a plus (+) mark
USBC Youth membership change – Effective August 1, 2020
USBC will lower the maximum age for USBC Youth membership to 18 starting with the 2020-21 season. The decision to lower the maximum age from 20 to 18, with agreement from the Bowling Proprietors’ Association of America and the IBC Youth Committee, will align bowling with other youth sports.