This year’s convention is cancelled and the Annual Meeting will be virtual due to COVID-19. The 2021 CUSBC Annual Meeting is scheduled for SUNDAY, JUNE 13, 2021 at 10am. All attendees must have 2020-21 California USBC membership and must be at least 14 years of age.
Local USBC Association Managers must register their credentials by May 3, 2021. Attendees must register their attendance by May 10, 2021. Instructions will be mailed soon.
Nomination applications to join the California USBC board of directors is now closed.
All Annual Meeting information will be posted on this page.
REGISTRATION FOR LOCAL ASSOCIATION CREDENTIALS IS NOW CLOSED. ANYONE NOT CREDENTIALED AND HAS CALIFORNIA 2020-21 MEMBERSHIP (AGED 14+) MAY ATTEND WITH VOICE ONLY. ALL ATTENDEES MUST BE REGISTERED BELOW.
BUY YOUR 2020-21 MEMBERSHIP CARD ONLINE
If you are planning on bowling Nationals or want to vote at your local and/or state association’s annual meeting, you will need current membership. If you cannot purchase your card through your league, you can purchase your USBC membership card online. Using your old card as a guide, be sure to enter your existing USBC membership ID #, select your local USBC location and purchase your card with a credit card. Please be aware that if you are already a member and don’t enter your existing membership card number, it will issue you a new number. The local association office will then have to manually merge your memberships together so that all of your averages will show with one ID #.
DOUBLE CHECK that your 2020-21 membership was processed by looking up your information here on bowl.com.
YOUTH MEMBERSHIP: Please contact your local association to process youth membership as they will have their own procedure.
Thank you for your BVL donations during one of the most difficult years our sport has faced. Your thoughtfulness and support is greatly appreciated.
|Citrus Belt USBC||$ 4,676.00|
|Orange County USBC||$ 6,142.64|
|Rosie Parker||$ 200.00|
|Thursday Women’s HDCP / Out To Lunch||$ 809.00|
|2020-21 TOTAL BVL DONATION:||$11,827.64|
YOUTH STATE IS HAPPENING THIS JULY!!!
Let’s award our bowlers in California!
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE CUSBC!
The California USBC Association Board of Directors met on 9/29/20 and have made the following decisions:
- The 2021 Adult State Championships to be held at Forest Lanes has been cancelled due to the unknown future of the centers re-opening and the unknown capacity that the centers can hold once they do re-open.
- The 2021 Pepsi Youth Championships will be District (March) and State Finals (May) only. League level qualifying is removed. Only current California youth that are entered in a 2020-21 USBC certified league can participate. Youth Directors will be emailed a tournament packet by November 1st and hard copy packets by December. If centers are still closed by February 1, this event will unfortunately have to cancel.
- All other CUSBC events will be addressed next year.
We thank you for your commitment to our organization, value your membership, and look forward to seeing everyone out on the lanes very soon.
USBC RULES UPDATES
The USBC Board of Directors approved waivers and modifications to USBC Playing Rules to allow certified leagues and tournaments more flexibility to return to bowling while adhering to guidelines related to COVID-19.
- Click HERE to read the news release on the modified USBC rules.
- Click HERE for Frequently Asked Questions about the reopening of leagues and tournaments.
ADDITIONAL RULES INFORMATION ON COVID-19
- Click HERE for the May edition of Rules Extra that discusses adjusting the prize list and the financial responsibilities of league officers.
- Click HERE for the special Rules Extra and Tournament Flyer discussing leagues and tournaments amid concerns about COVID-19
- Click HERE for the Tournament Flyer that discusses a tournament’s decision to postpone or cancel operations.
- Click HERE for Frequently Asked Questions to assist leagues, tournaments and state and local associations
- Click HERE for complete USBC news and information related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Bid on Future California USBC Tournaments!
Centers that are interested in hosting the following events should contact us at email@example.com.
– 2022 CA State Singles (October) – Southern CA
– 2022 CA State Senior Singles (August) – Northern CA
– 2022 CA Helen Duval Veteran’s Tournament (March) – Northern CA
– 2024 CA State Championships (Adult: April-June; Youth: July) – Southern CA
Effective immediately, USBC has temporarily waived USBC Playing Rules 106a, 106b, 320a and 320b, which state two lanes must be used for competition and bowlers must alternate lanes – bowling five frames on each lane of the pair. It also waived the requirement that both lanes must be used for a bowler to be eligible for awards and average recognition. The temporary waiver allows competitions to use one lane for the entirety of a game and allows recognition of scores bowled on a single lane for USBC High Score Awards and for a bowler’s official average. Additionally, bowlers will be allowed to use isopropyl alcohol, more commonly known as rubbing alcohol, to clean their bowling ball during competition. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) lists isopropyl alcohol as an approved disinfectant for use against COVID-19.
Bowling ball specifications – Effective August 1, 2020
• A bowling ball’s oil absorption rate must be more than 2 minutes, 15 seconds for the ball to be approved
• Elimination of balance holes; bowlers may have up to five holes for gripping purposes and all must be used on every delivery
• No-thumb bowlers would need to mark by scribe, engraver or tool near the intended center of palm with a plus (+) mark
USBC Youth membership change – Effective August 1, 2020
USBC will lower the maximum age for USBC Youth membership to 18 starting with the 2020-21 season. The decision to lower the maximum age from 20 to 18, with agreement from the Bowling Proprietors’ Association of America and the IBC Youth Committee, will align bowling with other youth sports.
Top 3 BVL Donations for 2019-20
Total California donation: $82,342.67
Click here to see full donations