Our new bowling season has started. We would like to welcome our new President, ANDRE EUBANKS on board and would like to thank our outgoing President, KATHY BRUEGEMAN for her many years of service and dedication. We look forward to this new season, promoting this sport the best way we can. Also, be on the look out for some exciting new events coming soon!
Please review the list of USBC non-conforming bowling balls to avoid league forfeitures or being disqualified in tournaments.
Click here for list…
Looking to award $60,000
in Scholarships for 2023!
March 11-12, 2023 (Dist #1, 3, 4)
March 18-19, 2023 (Dist #2, 5, 6)
May 6-7, 2023
Country Club Lanes, Sacramento
DEADLINE TO ENTER IS FEBRUARY 18.
You must enter through your youth league.
AMF ROCKLIN LANES
Full squads are posted on the tournament page.
Reserve your squad time with the Advanced registration form!
ENTER ONLINE or DOWNLOAD ENTRY FORM
BVL Donations submitted by MARCH 1 from Local Associations will be recognized for the 2022-23 season and will allow their finalists to be eligible to participate in the 2023 California USBC Helen Duval Veterans Tournament. Click here for tournament information…
2023 HELEN DUVAL VETERANS
McHenry Bowl, Modesto
March 25, 2023
Entry forms are due MARCH 15. *NEW* this year will be a $500 scholarship for the two youth champions as well as $50 scholarships for the other youth finalists. Visit the tournament page for more information. BVL PACKETS NOW POSTED!
- Order by FEBRUARY 8 to have jerseys in time for the CUSBC BVL State Finals at McHenry Bowl in Modesto on March 25
- Order by APRIL 20 to have jerseys in time for the CUSBC Annual Meeting/Convention at Hotel Piccadilly in Fresno on June 10-11
This event is a *NEW* Open Doubles tournament open to ALL California USBC adult members with 2022-23 membership. ELIGIBILITY: Combined Doubles Partners’ ages must equal 100 OR MORE (ages as of tournament date). DOWNLOAD ENTRY FORM
June 24-25, 2023 at
KEYSTONE LANES, Norwalk
2023 CUSBC AWARDS
New Deadline: March 15
Click here for applications
- ASSOCIATION OF THE YEAR
- COACH/YOUTH DIRECTOR OF THE YEAR
- DISTINGUISHED SERVICE AWARD
- HALL OF FAME – Meritorious Service
- HALL OF FAME – Superior Performance
- *NEW* HALL OF FAME – Professional Performance
- PROPRIETOR/MANAGER OF THE YEAR
- $2,500 STAR OF TOMORROW YOUTH SCHOLARSHIP
- $1,000 YOUTH STATE SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
- $1,000 BRAHEME FAMILY MEMORIAL YOUTH SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
- *NEW* 2023 CALIFORNIA SCHOLARSHIP AWARD FOR THOSE IN POSTSECONDARY EDUCATION.
– Early Bird Deadline: February 28
– Final Deadline: December 31
Bowlers who are currently attending postsecondary educational institutions, currently hold CA USBC membership and was a California USBC youth bowler for at least three years from 2014 to 2022 are eligible to apply. Scholarship amounts will be determined after the two deadlines. Once applications are processed and approved, applicants will be notified immediately via email and will also be posted online at CALUSBC.com. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
BUY YOUR 2022-23 MEMBERSHIP CARD ONLINE AT BOWL.com
Using your old card as a guide, be sure to enter your existing USBC membership ID #, select your local USBC association and purchase your card with a credit card. Please be aware that if you are already a member and don’t enter your existing membership card number, it will issue you a new number. The local association office will then have to manually merge your memberships together so that all of your averages will show with one ID #.
DOUBLE CHECK that your 2022-23 membership was processed by looking up your information here on bowl.com. Remember… all membership expires July 31 regardless of when it was purchased.
YOUTH MEMBERSHIP: Please contact your local association to process youth membership as they will have their own procedure.
Let’s award our bowlers in California!
Bid on Future California USBC Tournaments!
Centers that are interested in hosting the following events should contact us at email@example.com.
– CA State Singles (October 12-13, 2024) – Northern CA
– CA State Senior Singles (August 24-25, 2024) – Southern CA
– CA Helen Duval Veteran’s Tournament (March 30, 2024) – Southern CA
– 2024 CA State Championships (Adult: April-June; Youth: July) – Southern CA
2022–23 Season: Rules Update
The USBC Board of Directors has voted to rescind certain rules that were enacted in 2019-20 as a response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Beginning Aug. 1, 2022, the following rules are affected:
- Rule 18 – Bowlers will no longer be allowed to use isopropyl alcohol to clean a bowling ball once competition has started.
- Rules 113a and 113b – The use of two lanes immediately adjoining each other will again be required to be used for league competition.
- Rules 320a and 320b – The use of two lanes immediately adjoining each other will again be required to be used for tournament competition.
USBC YOUTH MEMBERSHIP CHANGE – EFFECTIVE AUGUST 1, 2020
USBC will lower the maximum age for USBC Youth membership to 18 starting with the 2020-21 season. Youth bowlers must be 17 before starting the new bowling season. The decision to lower the maximum age from 20 to 18, with agreement from the Bowling Proprietors’ Association of America and the IBC Youth Committee, will align bowling with other youth sports. ALSO, BOWLERS MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE TO JOIN A CERTIFIED USBC ADULT LEAGUE.