The following three bowling balls are non-conforming and CANNOT be used in USBC certified leagues or tournaments. Continuing to use these bowling balls are subject to forfeiture or possible disqualification.
• 2016 & 2017 PURPLE PEARL URETHANE HAMMER (Serial #’s Starting with a 6 or 7)
• STORM SPECTRE
- Squads are filling up fast! Click on the tournament to see full squad listing. Not all squads can accept walk-ins.
- *NEW* BALL CARDS MUST BE FILLED OUT BY ALL PARTICIPANTS AND SUBMITTED AT CHECK-IN.
Download ball cards here
- Please check-in at least one hour prior to your scheduled squad
- If your current average of 21 games or more is 10+ PINS higher than your verified entering average, the current average must be used under Rule 15A or Rule 15B (USBC Rule 319a2).
- Valid ID and current 2021-22 USBC membership cards must be shown at check-in and for brackets.
- The DRESS CODE will be strictly enforced. Please read the tournament rules to avoid any problems.
THANK YOU LOCAL USBC ASSOCIATIONS!
Over $55,000 has been collected this season. The Helen Duval Veterans Tournament was held at Rancho Bowl this past weekend. Unofficial results are now posted. Click here for tournament info…
TOP BVL DONATIONS:
1st Place: San Diego USBC – $11,779
2nd Place: Citrus Belt USBC – $8,288.85
3rd Place: Modesto USBC – $7,410
The CUSBC Annual Meeting
will be held virtually again via Zoom
JUNE 12, 2022
Unfortunately due to the continuing effects of COVID, we are going to hold the meeting virtually again with Zoom. Your health and safety is important to us. Credential letters to the Associations have been emailed and mailed. Registration for association credentials and attendees is now closed. Click here to view confirmed attendees. California USBC members are allowed to attend as guests. Click the button below by June 4 if you would like to attend as a non-voting guest. Thank you!
We awarded $50,000 in Scholarships in 2019. The Pepsi State Finals will be held April 30-May 1 at Harley’s Valley Bowl in Simi Valley. State Finals Results are now posted… Scholarships will be posted by June 1.
U12 Boys Div – Toby Geronimo, Elk Grove
U12 Girls Div – Alexandra McCowan, Anaheim
U15 Boys Div – Vaughn-Jayden Oliva, Elk Grove
U15 Girls Div – Katelyn Abigania, San Diego
U18 Boys Div – Joshua Abigania, San Diego
U18 Girls Div – Stephanie Hong, Fullerton
CALIFORNIA USBC AWARD WINNERS!
Save the Date for our Awards Luncheon on Saturday, July 9 in Ontario. We will be sending letters very soon to winners from 2020-2021 & 2022.
Saturday, July 9
DoubleTree by Hilton Ontario Airport
222 N. Vineyard Avenue
Ontario, CA 91764
Hall of Fame Superior Performance
JOHN GOULD, Yuba City
Hall of Fame Meritorious Service
MIKE LUCAS, Valley Center
LARRY PEPPERS, Petaluma
MABEL SHEASLEY, Stockton
CALIFORNIA STAR OF TOMORROW
$2,500 SCHOLARSHIP WINNERS
CALIFORNIA YOUTH STATE SCHOLARSHIP
BRAHEME FAMILY MEMORIAL
$1,000 YOUTH SCHOLARSHIP WINNER
BUY YOUR 2021-22 MEMBERSHIP CARD ONLINE
Using your old card as a guide, be sure to enter your existing USBC membership ID #, select your local USBC association and purchase your card with a credit card. Please be aware that if you are already a member and don’t enter your existing membership card number, it will issue you a new number. The local association office will then have to manually merge your memberships together so that all of your averages will show with one ID #.
DOUBLE CHECK that your 2021-22 membership was processed by looking up your information here on bowl.com.
YOUTH MEMBERSHIP: Please contact your local association to process youth membership as they will have their own procedure.
Thank you for your 2021-22 BVL donations. Your dedication and support is greatly appreciated. The California Veteran’s centers will be supported.
Let’s award our bowlers in California!
Bid on Future California USBC Tournaments!
Centers that are interested in hosting the following events should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– 2023 CA State Singles (October) – Southern CA
– 2023 CA State Senior Singles (August) – Northern CA
– 2023 CA Helen Duval Veteran’s Tournament (March) – Northern CA
– 2024 CA State Championships (Adult: April-June; Youth: July) – Southern CA
- Bowlers will be allowed to use isopropyl alcohol, more commonly known as rubbing alcohol, to clean their bowling ball during competition. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) lists isopropyl alcohol as an approved disinfectant against COVID-19.
- The minimum age to bowl in the adult leagues is now 18.
Bowling ball specifications – Effective August 1, 2020
• A bowling ball’s oil absorption rate must be more than 2 minutes, 15 seconds for the ball to be approved
• ELIMINATION OF ALL BALANCE HOLES. Bowlers may have up to five holes for gripping purposes and all must be used on every delivery
• No-thumb bowlers would need to mark by scribe, engraver or tool near the intended center of palm with a plus (+) mark
USBC YOUTH MEMBERSHIP CHANGE – EFFECTIVE AUGUST 1, 2020
USBC will lower the maximum age for USBC Youth membership to 18 starting with the 2020-21 season. The decision to lower the maximum age from 20 to 18, with agreement from the Bowling Proprietors’ Association of America and the IBC Youth Committee, will align bowling with other youth sports. ALSO, BOWLERS MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE TO JOIN A CERTIFIED USBC ADULT LEAGUE.