The California USBC Association Board of Directors met on 4/23/20 and have made the following decisions:
- The CUSBC Annual Meeting and Convention to be held in Fresno, CA for June 13-14, 2020 is cancelled
- The Youth State Championships to be held at Forest Lanes in July has been cancelled
- The Diddy Watts Youth State Singles Tournament (June 27-28 & Aug 8-9) is cancelled
- The Senior Singles Tournament to be held Aug 20-23 in San Diego is cancelled
- The CA State Singles Tournament to be held Oct 17-18 in Yuba City is cancelled
- The current plan is to re-schedule all of our 2020 events with the same centers in 2021 if possible.
We thank you for your commitment to our organization, value your membership, and look forward to seeing everyone out on the lanes very soon.
USBC will lower the maximum age for USBC Youth membership to 18 starting with the 2020-21 season. The decision to lower the maximum age from 20 to 18, with agreement from the Bowling Proprietors’ Association of America and the IBC Youth Committee, will align bowling with other youth sports.
The California USBC Association Board of Directors met on 3/11/20 to discuss the mounting concerns over the COVID-19 pandemic. Our top concern is the health and safety of our members and families, and we appreciate your support in the following decisions:
- The Pepsi Youth Championships, both local and state, scheduled to begin March 14, 2020 through May 2, 2020 is cancelled. Refunds have been processed
- The Helen Duval Veteran’s Tournament (BVL) to be held on March 28, 2020 is cancelled
- The Adult (Open & Women’s) State Championships to be held at Forest Lanes, scheduled to begin April 4, 2020 through June 28, 2020 is also cancelled. Refunds are available to all bowlers. Please contact Jennie Simpson, Tournament Director.
by Frank Weiler
Where is my 300 No-Tap Patch? I have rolled three 9-pin No-Tap perfect games and have never been recognized for this outstanding accomplishment! Most bowlers like a pat on the back and some form of recognition for doing something special. I am one of those bowlers. Where is my 300 No-Tap Patch? Why haven’t my Tournament Directors purchased No-Tap patches and pins for bowlers like me from the California USBC Association?
“CALIFORNIA BOWLERS ARE THE BEST BOWLERS IN THE WORLD” and they should be recognized for their achievements. The California State Bowling Association recognizes this and has an Awards Program to recognize Bowling achievements. There are lapel pins and emblem patches available for sale to recognize every conceivable bowling accomplishment. Local USBC Associations and Tournament Directors may purchase these awards at any time for awarding to adult and youth bowlers. These awards are available for seasonal and lifelong achievements. Continue reading The CALIFORNIA USBC (CAUSBC) Awards Program & “My 300 No-Tap Patch”