Over $1 million dollars awarded in Scholarships since 1998 for this tournament!
AWARDING $61,000 IN
SCHOLARSHIPS FOR 2023!
PEPSI RESULTS BOOK
(The State Finals Scratch Results were corrected)
Scholarships will be uploaded to SMART before June 7.
All scholarship winners will receive a packet with certificates and SMART information.
UNOFFICIAL RESULTS – SCRATCH
UNOFFICIAL RESULTS – HANDICAP
Derrald Monteverde – U12 Boys
Alexandra McCowan – U12 Girls
Brandon Rother – U15 Boys
Lindsay Greim – U15 Girls
Vaughn-Jayden Oliva-Colobong – U18 Boys
Katelyn Abigania – U18 Girls
First place finishers at the Pepsi District Finals (March) in the U12, U15, U18 scratch divisions earned $100 Scholarship + berths into the DW Challenge Semi-Finals (Bowlero Fresno, Aug)
District Finals First Place Finisher Scholarships
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS
Please visit them and help us to thank them for their support!
LARIAT BOWL PRO SHOP
YOSEMITE LANES PRO SHOP
The California Youth Committee will donate a bowling ball to be raffled at District #2 Finals: Gold Country Lanes and District #3 Finals: Valley Center Lanes)
EXZACKT FIT PRO SHOP
DISTRICT RESULTS POSTED BELOW
IMPORTANT INFORMATION for 2023:
TEN AGE DIVISIONS: All qualifying will be scratch and will be based on the bowler’s birthdate:
Boys/Girls U8 Division: Birthdate is 8/1/2014 or later
Boys/Girls U10 Division: Birthdate is 8/1/2012 thru 7/31/14
Boys/Girls U12 Division: Birthdate is 8/1/2010 thru 7/31/12
Boys/Girls U15 Division: Birthdate is 8/1/2007 thru 7/31/10
Boys/Girls U18 Division: Birthdate is 8/1/2004 thru 7/31/07
Competition is open to all 2022-23 USBC Youth members that are currently bowling in a California USBC certified youth league and not under suspension. League substitutes are allowed to participate if it is their only California USBC certified youth league. ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED THROUGH CALIFORNIA USBC CERTIFIED LEAGUES. This tournament is a benefit of USBC membership – every youth bowler should be given their chance to participate. (Youth leagues must be USBC certified in order to participate).
DISTRICT FINALS (March):
District #1, 3 & 4 Finals: MARCH 11-12, 2023
District #2, 5 & 6 Finals: MARCH 18-19, 2023
(SEE DISTRICT FINALS LOCATIONS BELOW)
- $30 entry fee (U8 / U10 divisions)
- $35 entry fee (U12 / U15 / U18 divisions)
- All divisions will earn handicap scholarships at the District Finals
- U8 & U10 Divisions will earn scratch scholarships at the District Finals
- U8 & U10 Champions (scratch) will earn a FREE entry into the 2023 Youth State Championships in July at AMF Rocklin Lanes
(4 Champions x 6 Districts = 24 berths). See Youth Championships Page.
- U12, U15 & U18 first place finishers (scratch) will earn a
$50$100 Scholarship award and will also qualify into the Semi-Finals event of the DW CHALLENGE (Aug 12-13, 2023; Bowlero Fresno). No alternates. Semi-Finals entry fees required (36 total).
- U12, U15 & U18 divisions will qualify to the State Finals (scratch) based on a ratio of 1:4 per division. IT IS THE STATE FINALIST’S RESPONSIBILITY TO CHECK ONLINE TO SEE IF THEY QUALIFIED AND REGISTER ONLINE APRIL 1–10. Contact your Youth Director for help.
STATE FINALS (May):
MAY 6-7, 2023
COUNTRY CLUB LANES
Do not call the center with Pepsi questions please.
Squad times: Sat 9am, Sat 2pm & Sun 8:30am
ONLINE REGISTRATION (APRIL 1–10) IS REQUIRED FOR QUALIFIERS
- $30 entry fee due April 28
- Earn scratch and handicap scholarships
- Win one of 6 berths into the USBC Junior Gold Championships to be held July 14-22, 2023 in Indianapolis, IN. California has many national champions: 2017 (Wesley Low, Jr U20 Div, Solomon Salama U15 Div and Jennifer Loredo U15 Div) 2018 (Katelyn Abigania U12 Div) 2019 (Katelyn Abigania & Elias O’Hollaren U12 Div; 2022 Avery Domaguin)
- The six Champions will earn a travel stipend valued up to $500 for Junior Gold travel
- The six Champions will earn a Strike12Creations.com California jersey to wear at Junior Gold representing CA!!
Qualify into the DW CHALLENGE through PEPSI..
2023 California Pepsi Championships District Finals first place finishers (scratch) in the U12, U15 & U18 divisions (36 total) will qualify into the Semi-Finals event of the DW CHALLENGE to be held August 12-13, 2023 (Bowlero Fresno). No alternates and Semi-Finals entry fees are required.
IMPORTANT PEPSI DATES
|PAPERWORK AND FEES DUE
Pepsi League Level Handbook
|February 18, 2023|
DISTRICT FINALS #1, 3, 4
#3 – Valley Center Bowl, Salinas
|March 11-12, 2023|
DISTRICT FINALS #2, 5, 6
#5 – Cal Bowl, Lakewood
|March 18-19, 2023|
RSVP WINDOW for STATE FINALISTS (Online Registration only)
U12, U15 & U18 Divisions only qualify to the State Finals based on District Finals SCRATCH SCORES (Ratio 1:4).
|April 1–10, 2023|
(U12, U15 & U18 Divisions only)
State Finals Rules
COUNTRY CLUB LANES
|May 6-7, 2023|
|USBC JUNIOR GOLD NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
(U12, U15 & U18 divisions – 6 berths)
|July 14-22, 2023 Indianapolis, IN|
|YOUTH STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS
AMF Rocklin Lanes
District Finals U8 & U10 Champions (scratch) can win FREE entries through Pepsi (24 total) See rules for more info
|July 22-23, 2023
July 29-30, 2023
District Finals U12, U15 & U18 Champions (scratch) can qualify through Pepsi (36 total) See rules for more info
|August 12-13, 2023|
2023 PEPSI DISTRICT FINALS SITESTournament packets are available to download by clicking on the site location. Packets include rules, worksheets and district director contact information.
State Finals Rules | State Finalist Instructions | Pepsi Prize Flyer
|DIST||DISTRICT DIRECTOR||DISTRICT FINALS DATES||DISTRICT FINALS SITES|
|1||Brett Kociemba (530) 345-5574||March 11, 2023||LARIAT BOWL
|2||Shelby Sanz (916) 725-2101||March 18-19, 2023||GOLD COUNTRY LANES
|March 11-12, 2023||VALLEY CENTER LANES
|4||Lynn Matsubara (562) 449-4527
|March 11, 2023||YOSEMITE LANES
|5||Gary Philip (951) 529-3920||March 18-19, 2023||CAL BOWL
|6||Linda Stewart (714) 776-0635||March 18-19, 2023||EMPIRE BOWL
Tournament Director: Lynn Matsubara Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 562-449-4527
Download List of Center with Youth Programs